How does the technology loan program work?
Step 1: Request technology you need
You request technology equipment you need using the request form. Look for a confirmation email verifying your request.
What happens behind the scenes:
- IT Services verifies your enrollment, and prepares the requested equipment
- Your library team will contact you when your technology is ready
What you should do:
- Monitor your school email address for communications from the team--They’ll reach out as follows:
- To get clarification about your request (if needed)
- To let you know if the requested technology is unavailable
- To let you know if you’ve been added to a waitlist
- To let you know that your requested item(s) are ready
- Hang tight! If you don’t hear back within 7 days, email IT Services HelpCenter to follow up on the status of your request
Step 2: Schedule an appointment to pick it up
You are required to schedule an appointment for campus access in order to pick up your technology equipment--Just follow the scheduling link provided in the email you received from your Library team.
Additional details about campus access (where to go, what to expect, etc.) are available on the How to Access Campus webpage.
Step 3: Borrow the technology and take it home
At the time of pickup, the loan will be added to your college library account.
- You can monitor due dates of your technology equipment by signing in to your Library OneSearch account with your campus credentials.
- Contact your college library for questions about your loan or due date.
Step 4: Return it at the end of the semester
Return your technology items at any campus location that is convenient for you.
- Technology items you've borrowed should be returned by the end of the semester--check the due date on your Library OneSearch account.
- Schedule an appointment to return items that are no longer needed anytime before the due date.
- If you will be enrolled in classes the next semester, and still need the technology equipment, no problem--we will automatically extend your due date once we've confirmed your enrollment.
Contact your college library with any questions about returning technology items.
Technology Loans Overview
Request technology you need
Schedule an appointment to pick it up
Borrow the technology and take it home
Return it at the end of the semester
Get Technology Support
Need tech support on technology items you've borrowed?CSM Library Tech Desk
More Technology Options
Explore additional options for internet, technology, and support.Technology Services